Sunday, October 25, 2009

Candid

None are worse than I who have defiled the reputation of mine and my lord to which I had remained so faithful. Let fiery hell be cast upon me that I may forget the wrongs I have committed! O God, listen closely to this cry of mine. The girdle I kept for my own was not unlike Eve partaking of the forbidden fruit. I deluded my mind to believing the enchanted belt would save my life, therefore preserving my strength to further serve my king. However, just as my king upholds chivalry above his own head, so should have I. So should have I! Diloyalty, that war-mongering scoundrel, was my primary sin. Betrayal, that fraudulent brute, infested every corner of my judgment. Was my host rude and estranged? Was he cheating and despicable? Was he spiteful and salamitous? On the contrary! For those depictions and other such foul things resided in me. Cursed be that green girdle, for if i was such a fool to steal it away and betray the code I held to so dearly, my life was not worth saving. The moment I dishonored my king, I began living life for my own selfish heart. A knight I am not, but a knave.
I fall at the feet of the One who is higher than I. All fault is mine to bear, but with Your grace my heart is made anew, a second chance I am given, my burden is lifted. Even though the worm is more innocent than I, you grant me life--life undeserved, but life given still.

No comments:

Post a Comment